Tuesday, April 24, 2007

praise & pray for me

I've a confession to make.

I've been listening to the voice of the father of Lies much more than I should -i.e. I should most defnitely NOT even pay him the dignity of an audience!

I really, really, really struggle with this & would earnestly covet your prayers for me in this way.

So often my worst enemy is not the devil but myself – so often it’s like I “fire” the devil & do his job for him. So sad I know :(

e.g.:

"I'm just a dirty, filthy, rotten, evil, wicked, disgusting rotten sinner"
"I'm a burden & a curse" (more than a blessing)

"I can't do anything right"

"I'm a failure" "I'm worthless, not worthy of any love/respect"

. . . and SO MUCH MORE!

:D PRAISE! :D
:D On the Day I'm presented before the presence of God's glory I'l be blameless & standing before Him with exceeding joy because my God is able! (Jude 1:24)
:D Jesus, the voice of Truth, tells me a vastly different story!
:D Jesus patiently & gently turns my ears away from listening to the father of lies to listen to Him!
:D through faith in Christ I’m a child of Abraham, blessed with salvation to be a blessing (Gen 12:2)
:D I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:13
:D I'm MORE THAN A CONQUEROR THROUGH CHRIST who loves us! Romans 8:37
:D NOTHING, NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord Romans 8:31-39
:D it's Jesus who has the final word on who I am & my worth, not anyone else, including myself!!

*PLEASE pray*
* I keep listening to the voice of truth & giving Jesus exclusive listenership!
* deliver me from even thinking of giving the devil, the father of lies the dignity of an audience!
* keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and how He sees me, not how I/others/the devil see myself!

. . . the next time you are attacked in some way, pull yourself together with a prayer of heartfelt thanksgiving, and say, Father I thank You that all things work together for my good; that it is You who are at work in me to will and do of Your good pleasure. Your strength is made perfect in my weakness. I will not let this attack discourage me because Your grace is sufficient for me. You will help me through it. When I think of the sufferings of many, many others, I feel shamed for having any self-pity. I will therefore rejoice in the God of my salvation and give You thanks in and for everything. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, by the way, in case you didn't know this, the devil wants you confused, distracted, sad, mad, angry, hurt, bitter, insecure and outta here.That little worm wants to get inside you and cause decay in your mind and your life. Luckily, you are deaf to his stupid comments & suggestions. Right? Good. SallyAnne

Anonymous said...

God called David a man after His own heart.He wasn't a perfect man, but he loved God & God was pleased with that. God's concern is not that we never foul up. His concern is that we keep coming back to Him & starting over. David was a man that understood that the most committed believer can fail.GOD LOVES YOU ABLE! You are His adored little boy. SallyAnne