Wednesday, April 18, 2007

praise for the God of new mornings! & pray for us

But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope: GOD's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with GOD (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left. GOD proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from GOD. It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times. When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The "worst" is never the worst. Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return. If he works severely, he also works tenderly. His stockpiles of loyal love are immense. (Lamentations 3:21-32 MSG)

posting only a portion of this great chapter really doesn't do it justice. read the full book to get the maximum impact of these verses! (go to biblegateway.com & search for Lamentations)
been giving in, diving in to a stupid, dirty, filthy habitual sin much more.
feeling so weak, so unworthy, like an absolute disgraceful receipient of God's grace.

that's the key: GRACE!
oh what a sweet, sweet, beautiful word . . . grace . . . grace lavish, free, abundantly poured out on the chief of sinners that is me!!!
rejoice with me oh saints of God! (a title I used to feel uncomfortable with, knowing what a depraved sinner I was but God has declared us saints so who am I to argue?)
:D PRAISE! :D
:D just when you think you can out-sin God's 'immense stockpiles' of loyal love -- God shows His mercies to be new every morning!!
:D God is good . . . HE REALLY IS GOOD!!
:D just when I thought I'd sinned myself out of being a son, the Father comes running out to me, to me!! embraces me, kisses me, clothes me, throws a feast for my return from the wilderness of sin!

*pray*
* keep me focussed on His new-every-morning mercies, so that I'd boast much about Jesus!
* love so amazing, so Divine, would constrain us to put my life, my soul, my heart, my body, my everything completely at His disposal!
* all this "knowledge" of grace in my head would make its way down to my heart & transform me to live a life that reflects Christ, not me!

No comments: