Thursday, June 14, 2007

praise & pray for us!

Ephesians 1:3

"Praise be to...God, who has blessed us...with every spiritual blessing."

How grateful we are for the blessings the apostle details in this passage! Have we ever considered why God has blessed us? The immediate context suggests that we are blessed so others will "praise His glory" (Vs. 6, 12, 14). But what does that mean in our lives? God's original covenant with Abraham promised him blessings, and those blessings were to be regarded as resources to carry out a mission to "bless all the families of the earth (Zech. 14:17)." Surely our blessings in Christ Jesus are not different. Blessings are not for us alone, but to equip us to carry the good news of Jesus Christ to those who have never heard.

Father, make us a blessing.
source: www.global-prayer-digest.org <-- GO HERE & pray EVERYDAY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Blessings are not for us alone, but to equip us to carry the good news of Jesus Christ to those who have never heard."

So true! Yes! I forget that is why He has blessed me. I need to remember this every day. I receive God's blessings so easily and so naturally that I forget to pass them onto others. Passing them onto others should come as easily and naturally to me. It doesn't. Thank you for reminding me. May I remember every day, why He has blessed me. Not so I can greedily and selfishly hold onto to His blessings, but so I can generously hand out His blessings to others. Lord, please show me how to do this? Please make it a natural, daily part of my life. SallyAnne