Thursday, January 28, 2010

pls pray 4 me~!



my precious friends in prayer~!



Following on from my post on the 18th Jan 2010:


Celebrating going into the 9th year of rich & full living . . .


i’m really needing wisdom as to where He wants me to serve Him!
So yet again I desire your prayers for me~!


The Question is . . . to continue or not to continue with international student / workers ministries.. ?

A few days ago I as blessed to share a farewell lunch for a new brother in Jesus, Charles, [this new brother is a big encouragement to me, after our very first lunch appointment I got the impression he was another false convert but he shared one of the highlights of his time in Australia was becoming a Christian – something he totally didn’t expect to happen!]


- Afterwards, he encouraged me not to stop serving international students.


I don’t think I’d shared with Charles this nagging question that’s been on my heart. Was Father using him to speak to me or.. ??

The main confusion lies in my sinful, deceptive heart. i know I will often go after what makes me feel good, comes at a minimum of effort & expense, [i.e. I’m lazy & stingy] plus also gives me maximum joy & satisfaction.

I’ve been learning that the path of discipleship is one of labour, toil, hardships & suffering. But if I keep serving international student / workers don’t see this .. maybe I’m jut short-sighted & it’s about to come my way but I don’t know it .. ?

After lunch, I felt happy that in some small way Father used me to have an impact in his life!


But I do I serve international student / working holidayers because it makes me feel wanted, significant, loved, useful .. ? I mean, am I really doing this for His glory or myself?


Am I only wanting to keep going with this because it’s comfortable & familiar ??


I *NEED* TO HEAR GOD’S VOICE & NOT MY OWN~!!

This song / video really expresses my thoughts & heart:


"Freedom Of The Sea" Phillips Craig & Dean


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xuCqdoiUYM&feature=PlayList&p=E90C0B42A601500A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=55

in light of the song, please pray:


* I’d HEAR GOD’S VOICE & NOT MY OWN~!!


* I’d go where He is calling me


* I’d be what He wants me to be!

No comments: