Monday, December 22, 2008

please rejoice with me & pray for me~!




precious brothers & sisters, another year has flown by .. much to reflect on & much to look forward to!

in '08, rejoice with me :D
:D showing more of who He really is & drawing me closer to Himself!
:D His relentlessly jealous love for me that wants me all for HImself!
:D all He's been pleased to do through this weak, broken vessel to bless others!

i still know there's SO much rubbish in my life to clean up - much too much for me to do - praise God He's the ultimate soul-rubbish-cleaner!

and ever reminded of my own incompleteness & insufficiency to live this life in Him .. i'm still a work in progress!

some thought-provoking excerpts from good articles He's lead me to:

"Like a potter spinning a new pot, he's not just excited about getting it done, but he actually enjoys the whole process--softening the clay, kneading it in his hands, and fashioning with great care into that which he sees in his heart."
-- Every Day, Every Moment By Wayne Jacobsen - BodyLife * May 1998

I'm always looking for a people who are seeking to follow the Living Christ. He is at the center of their lives, their affections and their conversation. They look to be authentic and free others to hurt when they hurt, to question what they question and to follow his voice without others accusing them of being divisive or rebellious. I look for people who are not wasting their money on extravagant buildings or flashy programs; where people sitting next to each other are not strangers; and where they all participate as a priesthood to God instead of watch passively from a safe distance.
Why I Don't Go To Church Anymore! By Wayne Jacobsen - BodyLife • May 2001
see full article:
www.://lifestream.org/LSBL.May01.html

"Since God offers to manage our affairs for us, let us once and for all hand them over to His infinite wisdom, in order to occupy ourselves only with Himself and what belongs to Him."
J. P. de Caussade (c. 1700s)

While we are invited to make any request of God we like, the prayers that move God’s hand are those that grow out of our trust in who He is and what He is doing.

i'm longing to experience the depth of fellowship & relationship that the bible seems to hold out, like mentioned above, but for whatever reason i'm not experiencing it in any of the "meetings" i'm going to. maybe He's just teaching me to trust Him to satisfy my needs rather than looking to others to provide what ONLY Christ can. His way is always better!
:D PRAISE! :D

:D He does indeed satisfy!

:D it's not up to me to build this relationship, I can simply trust Him to build our relationship & provide fellowship with others!

* pray*
* take me right where i am and lead me into that friendship with Him that can fill every day with His presence.
* keep growing me to know, enjoy & understand who He is and what He is doing!

[if this means not having the 'distraction' of attending a Sunday morning meeting, i'd have wisdom to graciously 'dop out' & not needlessly offend people!

* connect me to people with His priorities! * He'd to teach me how to know him better and to recognize him through the normal course of daily life.
* in my struggles [to accept/live with & love myself] i'd look to Him for wisdom, His perspective on things to make sense out of the messes i keep making for myself!

* i'd be a leaf blown by the winds of His Spirit into all He has for me in '09!

* strength & energy for all the above -- still feeling abnormally tired & having to nap most days . . . :

lyrics of a song that sums up my hearts' cry:

Empty Me - Jeremy Camp

Holy Fire burn away, my desire for anything that is not of you and is of me. I want more of you and less of me. Holy Fire burn away, my desire for anything that is not of you and is of me. I want [all] of you and [nne]of me. Empty me, Empty me, yeah, Fill, won't you fill me, with you, with you, yeah

thanks~!! please tell me how i can best support you before His throne of Grace too!
if Father so leads you to be my regular prayer supporter, do check out this prayer blog every now & then :)

Looking forward to hearing from you how i can best support you in prayer & praises!!

No comments: