Friday, January 07, 2011

please pray for me!

.. Fathers' got me on a wild journey. :)


Part of where He seems to be leading me (changing me from the inside out to be a maturing lover of Him, others & myself) might be to go attend a seminar on 'Restoring the Human Spirit'


(see http://www.ellelministries.org/aus/courses/ellel-ministries-australia-gilbulla-sydney/restoring-the-human-spirit#

It's in Sydney .. :|

- Checking out possible flights to Syd for this seminar & Tiger air is cheap - 2 options: $0 check-in online with 7kg carry-on Or $28 15kg check in..

Have you / anyone you know ever traveled by tiger air?

If so, is there anything I should be wary of?

.. Know any secrets to packing light to teach me so I can get the cheap fare with online check-in + 7kg carry-on?


i may stay there just 3 days for the seminar alone or another ~2 weeks for a friends' wedding.


Pretty crazy that I'd go so far & stay so long for a wedding huh? :P

Maybe I shud just go for the seminar, pack light for 3 days to get the cheap fare, save $$ to invest more in ETERNITY than have the extra hassle of troubling others to stay with them for the 2 weeks until the wedding. :P

Please also know I'm greatly skeptical of seminars/courses/workshops after having attended many, both far & wide but noticing little deep, lasting life change. But that’s my fault, I'm sure!

AND

I HATE spending big bucks going to things for myself when I know it could be used to greatly advance God's Kingdom in the 10/40 window amongst those yet to hear Jesus' name.

.. For a loong time I've been 'stuck' in this way of thinking & deciding about where i go / how I spend God's money cos I've "wasted" so much of it in the past going to this that & the other thing :S .. I could have really twisted thinking in applying Matthew 6:33 & 28:18-20?!

(i.e. ~$300+ for the seminar + ~$100+ in flights + extra travel, food & accom [?]= could bless an entire unreached family /village in Asia WHO STILL WAIT TO HEAR THE GOSPEL OF JESUS!!


Or it could support my native missionary for ~9 months! :O

So I'm struggling to justify a 3 day seminar for myself (when I've already gone to MANY, this being the most expensive of them all!) that could seemingly go to much greater effective use for blessing OTHERS.

Yes, there is MUCH soul-work needing to be done in me, but I'm blessed far beyond than these unreached multitudes RIPE unto harvest!

.. Also, what do you think of this that a sister shared:


"We are commanded to love ourselves healthily first (not selfishly) if you read between the lines. Otherwise we will love others harshly and poorly because we are commanded to love others AS we love ourselves. Most of us read love others IN SPITE of yourselves.

What I have learnt through discipling others is they learn most from how you treat yourself subconsciously, more so than what you say. If you despise and deprive yourself, [which I confess, I am VERY guilty of!] you are sending out a terrible message, which is why many people don't think the gospel is GOOD news because many who believe it are in a worse state of internal deprivation and 'death' than many without it. Because they've understood His natural laws even if they don't understand His spiritual laws."


.. This may explain why I've felt so 'fake' in evangelising because I've been living in what seemed to be defeat / pretend "victory" for too long now :"(

.. So I'd REALLY like to sort this out as I enter a new year of journeying with Him into whatever He has for me, I'd value your prayers for wisdom, & any wise thoughts /advice you have to offer :)

No comments: