Wednesday, February 10, 2010

praise & pray for Georgia & Alan

[picture only for representation]

was on the way to catch a train to the prayer meeting with the family in Darra that i was so excited about from Sunday Night when i was asked by a girl if i had any spare change for her to buy some food with her boyfriend .. she was shivering so much, a real pitiful sight :( i later found their names were Georgia & Alan - saying how tough it is to live on the streets. they wanted to buy some cheap Tuesday pizzas. in my mind i thought of only giving them the bare minimum for a cheap Tuesday pizza - but Father in His lavish grace prompted me to give them more than enough, knowing this washow He had given to me :D i also gavethem  a million dollar gospel tract which they'd seen before. they professed to be catholic / christian . . . i used to think this kind of giving was poor stewardship - after all, who knows whether they're really telling the truth & aren't just going to use the money for drugs / alcohol etc?
and so, after being so frequently asked by homeless people / other poor folk for spare change & being the gullible softy i am, & giving it to them, i used to be in the habit of carrying nothing in my wallet so if approached, i'd have nothing to offer. but lately Father's reminded me of the Great Commandment companion - to love my neighbour as myself.
yes i'm called to be a good steward, but i've been shown incredible grace & abundantly blessed . . . who am i to withold grace & blessing from others?!

watch / listen to this sobering song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1YcViDGO28
the lyrics of this song also came into my heart:

Heartbeat Of Heaven by Steven Curtis Chapman


Loving, joyful, peaceful, patient  Kind and good and full of faith Self-controlled and gentle


Oh the heart of heaven beats this way (x2)

I pulled up to the stop sign and I saw him standing there
The cardboard sign he held said he was hungry


I looked the other way and waited for the light to change


As if to say, I'd help but I'm in such a hurry


These are the moments of truth
What would love have me do

Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want you to be my own


Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want my life to show


The kind of love that comes and goes


With the heartbeat of heaven

I know at times this heart of mine beats only for itself


Full of thoughts and dreams, plans and problems

 
But this heart beating here in me belongs to someone else

 
He bought it with His life to show His love


This is my prayer, Lord, today
 Let this heart beat away

Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want you to be my own
 Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want my life to show
 The kind of love that comes and goes


With the heartbeat of heaven

Loving, joyful, peaceful, patient


Kind and good and full of faith


Self-controlled and gentle


Oh the heart of heaven beats this way


Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want you to be my own


Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want my life to show


Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want you to be my own


Oh, heartbeat of heaven, I want my life, I want my life to show

. . . in the end rather than blessing them so much, i think i was more blessed to channel some of His Life & Love to others who probably go through most of their days ignored & unloved.
oh - it felt cool to give Alan a hug too :D go ahead - try it! hug a smelly, unloved, homeless soul - you might get a refreshing idea of how incredible Father's love was shown to us - while we stunk rotten from filthy sin, had no place to call 'home', He extended His arms of love & won us into His loving embrace & adopted us into His family!
. . . yes, who are we to think we can keep such AMAZING love to ourselves?!

not sure if it's them who needs more prayer than ourselves with our all-too-often cold, unloving hearts? :|

No comments: