Monday, December 21, 2009

rejoice with me & pray for me~!!


rejoice with me & pray for me~!!



yesterday's sermon was a much-needed encouragement by Wes Jessop to have confidence in sharing the gospel because:


1. it is MIGHTY TO SAVE


2. God has hard-wired every human to know enough inside [conscience] & outside [creation] that God is real & they need the gospel!


3. GOD IS WITH US AS WE DO SO!!


it was a great reminder & rebuke to stop listening to the LIES of the enemy to stop me from sharing His gospel & to TRUST IN HIS VOICE OF TRUTH!


Last Friday’s caroling went well, I heard. I wasn’t able to go as planned – a lunch appointment I was booked for before & postponed once already came up again :S I really must be getting old . . . I have been messing up my schedule more & more! – a problematic mobile phone [which I use as my calendar / organizer] doesn’t help!


Even though I was feeling tired, Father enabled me to join part 2 of our caroling outreach today at the nursing home.
I was probably too excited & expectant for this crowd – communicating the gospel with the elderly is definitely a challenge I need to grow into! But was grateful for the experience anyway ;)

Tomorrow I will meet with Niro & Eva for our 4th session of Christianity Explained looking at Salvation as a gift of God’s grace- not works. [BIG LESSON!]


I Was reminded at this morning’s session of ‘Discovering The Word’ that satan is actively out to hinder / stop evangelism & discipleship.


. . . *sigh* too often I take this spiritual battle too lightly, thinking I can just go out & do what I’ve done before, in the _pathetic_ weakness of my flesh rather than fighting this spiritual war with spiritual weapons! In The Power of The Spirit! – this might explain why I often feel so flat & discouraged in my efforts to share The Good News with people, So PLEEEASE uphold us in your prayers!

:D PRAISE! :D
:D saving me from falling again & again!!
 :D Jesus is victorious over satan & uses the enemy for His glorious purposes!


:D He got me a Japanese translation of the course – I passed it onto brother Keith!

*PRAY*


* save the souls of the precious elderly people we met & talked to & gave gifts to.


* bring to nothing every effort of satan to keep them enslaved to his kingdom of darkness until the day they die.


* use their lifetime of pain & disappointments through living in sin, trusting in religious deceptions to make them new creations in Christ!

- we’ve got one final caroling on the streets surrounding our building on Christmas Eve – though I’m unsure how effective his is as a means of getting the Good News out
* Father show us how we can be effective & faithful ‘links in the chain’ of bringing lost souls closer to The Only Saviour!

* bind the work of satan to keep Niro & Eva in blindness & death, bring them to see Jesus & truly Live!

* through the Japanese translation of the course, many Japanese would abandon themselves to know & embrace Christ as Saviour & Lord before it’s too late!

* Tomorrow will also be our final English corner for the year ... showing ‘The Nativity Story’ movie & having a Christmas Party at a fellow-servants’ home


. . . may it not simply be ‘a good time’ but one where eternally-significant interactions will take place for His glory!

* instead of doing the usual church + family feast on Christmas day, i thought it’d be much more eternally productive to spend time with lost souls – a very mission-minded church is hosting a Christmas camp – sleepover party!


* I’d joyfully *overflow* with the Good News of Great Joy that is for ALL peopleSSS to lost souls everywhere & all the time!


* show me to live in His love of infinite supply & to keep loving these precious souls as opportunities will abound all the more these holidays - many internationals will be lonely & bored!! :S

* provide a second-hand mobile phone to use as my calendar / organizer so my schedule won’t keep getting messed up!


* give me favor with my phone provider company to renew my customer loyalty rewards [been with them for 10 years now!] so I won’t need to switch to a more expensive plan / cheaper plan that’ll end up costing me more . . . my hearts desire is to really live with wartime simplicity so I can be more generous to Kingdom work!

thanks for praying~!! keep praying!! God is working!May we all joyfully overflow with the Good News of Great Joy that is for ALL peopleSSS to lost souls everywhere & all the time!



[not just at this Christmas season!]

No comments: