Monday, July 30, 2007

praise & pray for me!

- ever realising my own need for prayer .. can't live without depending on Jesus for EVERYTHING!

:D I'm still alive =) [sick, yes, but ALIVE!]
:D being sick is a part of "all things" in Romans 8:28!
:D there's so much more!!! to life than what I feel :D
:D I'm still breathing =)
:D I'm
still His child (FOREVER! - Romans 8!)
:D I get to live the best life: really LIVING LIFE & [trying to!] follow Jesus!
:D giving me rest =)
:D all the "small"things in life that are actually lavish blessings He pours down to us!
:D He's healing my body, even if I can't see/feel it!
latest challenging tidbit from KP Yohanan's "the beauty of Christ through brokenness" p41-42
“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken.

If you want to make sure of keeping your heart intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries, avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness.
But in the casket –safe, dark, motionless, airless, -- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable . . .
The only safe place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of love is . . . Hell.” -- C.S. Lewis

[C.S, Lewis The Four Loves (Florida: Harcourt Brace & Company, 1988), p121.

* help me to love & be vulnerable, especially when i don't feel like it!
* deliver me from selfishness in all its subtleties!
* ever keep me humble & broken before Jesus!
* help me embrace the cross in every way!!
* I'd not resist His working in my life by being proud, self-loving & unbelieving!
* wisdom & sensitivity to love those i find harder to love.
* conform me to the image of Christ
[super-dangerous payer i know, but 777% GUARANTEED TO BE ANSWERED MOST GLORIOUSLY!]

No comments: