Monday, July 09, 2007

praise & pray for heaven!

back from outreach to muslims, my body incredibly weak, getting overtaken by some nasty virus [drinking heaps of warm water but my throat feels insanely dry all the time??!! + still blowing out copious amounts of mucous :|] the thought of "being away from the body but at home with the Lord" has never seemed so appealing =D
my soul is lifted high as I think of a quote from the late Doug Sutphen .k.a. "brother David" who lead "project pearl" - when 1 Million Chinese Bibles were smuggled overnight by barge to thousands of waiting brothers & sisters on a beach.

"when I die, I want a revival and not a funeral. how about you? do you want a revival too? Then begin crying out to God. Stop shrinking from His will and begin working under His direcion. Take the time to be alone with Him and His Word, and He will begin blessing and giving guidance to you as He has done for me.
our time on his earth is short, and getting shorter every day. there are so many people whom Jesus wants to reach out to, and He wants to do it through people just like you. God bless you. I look forward to getting to know you in heaven. "

:D PRAISE! :D
:D this life is not ultimate: ETERNITY in heaven is!
:D this body is not ultimate - we'll receive glorified resurrection bodies when He returns!
:D being "down" with sickness = more time to spend with Jesus in prayer!!!
[why He would love me so much as to give me such a privilege, my mind boggles!]
:D no matter how ill we might feel in this body, we can still pray & therefore impact eternity!
*pray*
* help us live lives so that when we die there will be revival, not a funeral!!
* help us Stop shrinking from His will!
* help us work under His direcion.
* help us take the time to be alone with Him and His Word
* help us make the most of these ever-shortening days we have left here on earth to be His vessels to reach out to the lost!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why He would love me so much as to give me such a privilege?" Why would He love you, Able? Why would He love you? Because every breath you take and every word you say tells Him that you are His and that you love Him. Your weakened body cries out to Him and Him alone.While you were sick, you went to the Gold Coast to speak to others about our Lord. With your last bit of strength, you lifted yourself up and put your love for God into words for us to read. How could He not adore you, Able? How could we not adore you as we read of your great love for our Father.

SallyAnne