Monday, November 01, 2010

for me - anti-fear!!

i i confess fear rules my life far too much . . .

Tonight’s bible talk looking at the character of Caleb was inspiring, challenging & a big rebuke to my fear-driven 'existing'!!


Please pray with me:


* I’d stop focusing on imagined problems/circumstances/ reasons not to go forward, making poor decisions by my often negative feelings about things & really learn what it is to walk by faith in the promises of Almighty God!!


* I’d have more confidence in His ability to give victory than my ability to fail~!


[especially in light of my recent series of gross losses to sin!!! X( ]


I’d stay focused on what He has already done & all the victories He’s given me so far, trusting that He is more than able to do it again


(this is why I was given my name ‘Able!’)


* I’d attempt what would be impossible unless God were in it and then go in faith instead of only attempting what seems possible without God & going in my fearful lack of faith X-(


Jeremiah 32:27 (New International Version)


27 “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?


* I’d see challenges / problems as opportunities to go forward in faith, rather than shrinking back in fear!


. . . To be honest the first issue that came up in my mind at this point was dating/courtship/marriage.


No other issue fills my mind with imagined problems/circumstances/ reasons not to go forward than this! Not to mention the incredible responsibility this entails scares me to bits!! >_<


So yes, beneath all ‘pious’–sounding reasons behind my desire to stay single is just a fearful boy who’s much afraid of going through all the hurt, pain, frustration & plethora of negativity I’ve witnessed in relationships around me, blinding me & deafening me to any possible call of God on my life to actually not stay single!


* pray I stay open & receptive to His voice, not my own fears!


* consume me with passion to see Jesus honored in my life through a life lived consistently & persistently by faith for the long haul!


* I’d not settle for anything less than what God has promised me!


* I’d follow Caleb’s example of passionately following Abba Yahweh all my life, setting no conditions/ boundaries of my own!


* I’d honor the “blank cheque” I gave God to sign awhile back at a missions conference!


* bring elderly siblings in Jesus for me to mingle with & be inspired by their journey with Jesus!


* I’d go whatever way He wants me to by faith, even if its scary!!!


This song came to mind, even though I’m unfamiliar with it as a song but the lyrics definitely resonate with my spirit!



much afraid by jars of clay [google/ youtube search to listen to the song]


Empty again


Sunken down so far


So scared to fall


I might not get up again


So I lay at your feet


All my brokenness


I carry all of my burdens to you


[Chorus:


All of these things


I've held up in vain


No reason nor rhyme


Just the scars that remain


Of all of these things


I'm so much afraid


Scared out of my mind


By the demons I've made


Sweet Jesus, you never ever let me go


Oh, sweet Jesus, never ever let me go


So happy to love


Yet so far to go


You lead me on to where I've never been before


[Chorus]
+  got a picnic with internationals + 2 friends' parties ths weekend . . . pray i can be His agent to bring lost sons &daughters back 'home to Fathers' party for all who return to His love!


No comments: