Thursday, January 15, 2009

WOW, i'm still alive!!!

GOD WORKS WHEN WE PRAY!! -- I'M LIVING PROOF!!

- i had another accident yesterday [#3 in 7 yrs] .. walking backwards while mowing a lawn.. i tripped & fell hitting my head on a brick wall [?]
-- i thought it was a parable of so how dangerous it is of how i "exist" more based on my past [i.e. i've been figuratively 'walking backwards'] rather than focusing on the glorious future in store for me. :S
:D rejoice with me~! :D
:D filling my heart & mind with songs of rejoicing while waiting in hospital between various tests etc
:D - WOW! i'm still alive by the AMAZING GRACE of God~!![ yes, i fell over again .. :S] but i walked out of the hospital hours later with a few stitches on my head & funky patch to cover up the bleeding. i even got a free top woohoo! ;)
:D blessing me with family & friends who support me in every way through good & bad times!
:D preserving my life & most functions [no sign of any new brain damage from the CT scan]
i must've fallen into God's arms again!
:D Father always catches me so well whenever i fall!
:D the beautiful way He uses our failures to lead us away from trusting in our own strength or wisdom, to seek what it means to put our trust in him! [He Loves Me!, p100]
because of this, our failures worth the pain they cause!
:D Father always gives us every reason to trust Him, and never any reason to doubt Him!
-- obviously, Father's not finished with me just yet!
*PRAY*
* clearly show me why He's kept preserving my life after every fall & give me ears to hear what He has to say to me!
* keep me from drowning in selfishness & self-pity & self-destuctive thoughts!
* God would turn this "accident" into the second best thing that's happened to me!
[best thing = my 1st accident ~ 7 years ago!]
* God would use this 3rd fresh chance at life He's given me to reveal His love & life to many more!
* i'd tap into God's love that's so deep for me that i never need fear again!
* i'd discover how much God loves me and in doing so to drive out the fears in my life
* i'd live out Philippians 3:14! -- forgetting what lies behind & press on to win the prize that God's heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus.
* keep me ever trusting in His love .. how prone my heart is to wander & live in fear :(
- i'm feeling really easily tired lots since the fall, pray for grace to enjoy resting in His arms rather than wishing i were elsewhere doing this & that "for Him"
* keep me focussed on trusting Him & let obedience flow from that!
* show me how to embrace a relationship with Him His way and not my own!
a Psalm a bother encouraged me with, may it encourage you too :D
Psalm 121
I look to the hills! Where will I find help?It will come from the LORD, who created the heavens and the earth.The LORD is your protector, and he won't go to sleep or let you stumble.The protector of Israel doesn't doze or ever get drowsy.The LORD is your protector, there at your right side to shade you from the sun.You won't be harmed by the sun during the day or by the moon at night.The LORD will protect you and keep you safe from all dangers.The LORD will protect you now and always wherever you go.
ps: i'd greatly appreciate it if you wouldn't tell / email me telling me to "be careful / take care", i know it's well intentioned but my whole life has proven my complete insufficiency to be careful / take care & proven God's absolute sufficiency to take care of me.
so just rejoice with me in our Awesome Heavenly Father who loves us & cares more for us than we anyone else could!

No comments: