Monday, May 26, 2008

praise & pray 4 me

look at the moon . . . I wanna be just like that ^__^ (i.e. brightly reflecting a glory not my own, simply faithfully reflecting His light to all =)-- i'm not an awfully faithfully bright reflector tho :"(please REJOICE with me & pray for me!!
if you care about me & love me, please tell me anytime you see something wrong in my life!
=D~rejoice with me~ =D

:D O, the daily joys of The Great Adventure discovering new horizons of God's Amazing Grace!
:D my disability is no hindrance or liability but an ASSET in His Kingdom!!
:D awesome messages by faithful preacher of God's Word that challenge me freshly!
listen to these messages 'The Echo and Insufficiency of Hell, Part 1& 2'
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/1992/801_The_Echo_and_Insufficiency_of_Hell_Part_1/
http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Sermons/ByDate/1992/801_The_Echo_and_Insufficiency_of_Hell_Part_2/
*please PRAY with me & for me*
* the grace of God alone can make me hate, dread, and shun sinful thoughts and desires!
* give me taste buds for His beauty, His cross!
* i'd fall in love with the Holy One so i'd love Holiness, hate sin & fall out of love with self & the world!
* He'd make me thoroughly and completely dissatisfied with THINGS, even the good things He gives me, and make me hungry and thirsty for HIMSELF!
* i'd declare MORTAL COMBAT on sin everyday!!

* He "will cut away the thick calluses on (my) heart...freeing (me) to love God...with (my) whole heart and soul and live, really live." (Deut. 30:6, The Message) I really want Him to do this in me so that I can be a better tool for Him to use in reaching out to the lost.
* increase my desire towards Him every hour; that my love will be always upon Him; all my enjoyment be in Him, and all my satisfaction from Him.
* He'd be EVERYTHING to me while i journey this pilgrimage Home, and bring me home to the everlasting enjoyment of Him for ever!
* teach me TRUE repentance!! = "true repentance must be preceded by a falling in love with God" - John Piper [see links above]
* give me genuine joy in the glory of God that leads to genuine grief over sin!
* keep me maginificently obssessed with Jesus!
[pray the song below would be sung with my life!!]
Magnificent Obsession Steven Curtis Chapman
verse1: Lord, You know how muchI want to know so much In the way of answers and explanations I have cried and prayed And still I seem to stay In the middle of life’s complications All this pursuing leaves me feeling like I’m chasing down the wind But now it’s brought me back to You And I can see again
chorus: This is everything I want This is everything I need I want this to be my one consuming passion Everything my heart desires Lord, I want it all to be for You, Jesus Be my magnificent obsession
verse2:So capture my heart again Take me to depths I’ve never been Into the riches of Your grace and Your mercy Return me to the cross And let me be completely lost In the wonder of the love That You’ve shown me Cut through these chains that tie me down to so many lesser things Let all my dreams fall to the ground until this one remains
chorus2: You are everything I want And You are everything I need Lord, You are all my heart desires You are everything to me You are everything I wantYou are everything I need I want You to be my one consuming passion Everything my heart desires Lord, I want it all to be for You I want it all to be for You
* keep me LIVING OUT LOUD!!! [finding i'm far TOO QUIET when it comes to speaking of The One who is The Way, The Truth & The Life ="(

Challenging quote for life: "if those who say they know The Truth - that they know Jesus - don't share Him, do they really know the Truth? Probably not. Those who know Him can't deny Him. Knowing Him is just too life-altering to go long without talking about Him. Knowing Jesus changes things so that a person can't sit back in a comfortable lifestyle and do nothing while others swallow lies or are persecuted. Knowing Him means being a constant witness of The Truth and a constant catalyst of change for a better world. Whether it is on a large or small scale, those who belong to Jesus make a difference. -- Jesus Freaks vol. II p16
* be merciful to my computer - paranoid it'll die / get a virus & my burner doesn't want to work to back up important files! >_<

No comments: