Wednesday, October 31, 2012

***UPDATE***pray for serving & loving by welcoming!

 :D had a good lunch with E* & G* from Sri Lanka today [I'm thankful just one of his friends turned up and not the 3 he told me!] .. although it's a challenge to communicate, love is the universal language :)
.. they sure have a story with horrendous backgrounds that really makes me thankful to live in such a relatively 'safe' country that is able to be a 'safe' place for these dear refugees!

I was blessed to give them a backpack each which had been sitting in a spare wardrobe for years doing nothing .. :|
then i went along to the welcoming class which was tricky  given a whole lot of 3-way translating had to go on from English-Tamil-Sinha .. but it's still a privilege & joy to just welcome these new friends in Australia. 

* provide them with good friends who'll help connect them to Jesus, The Ultimate 
'City of Refuge' 
* provide them with good jobs to help connect them to Jesus, the Very Best Master

* provide them with good places to live in that'll help connect them to Jesus, The Ultimate Shelter!

.. sheesh .. I'd sure appreciate prayers for more strength & energy .. it seems even just after 6 hours of 'people time' i'm ready to call it a day! .. thankful i can stay at home .. this is one instance my bad planning to not get transport to my usual home group tonight has worked out to my advantage ... ;)

No comments: