Monday, September 24, 2012

dear brothers & sisters, just thought i'd share this .. I pray it encourages you eherever you're at in your journeys with Jesus :)

Here I am in the slave market .. yet again I’ve foolishly sold myself to the most terrible tyrant of a master there could be – sin.
As sin calls out one accusation after another, “no good up for grabs!” “failure for sale!” “pathetic sinner for your property!” My old masters, shame & fear make a bid for control over me.
. . . By the bids they make its’ obvious I’m not worth much to them, but still they bid for control of me.

It’s a scene I’m all too used to, from which I’ve been set free many times, and yet find myself returning to more than I really want to, even though I know the end of the sinful paths I choose always end up here :(

One would think I’d treasure the freedom from this slave market a lot more considering the ultimate price that was paid to purchase my freedom!

Do I truly appreciate & honour Him who would pay to set me free time after time after time?!

Before I drown myself in an ocean of despair & sink into shames’ lies, before I dare think I’ve out-sinned His grace  










… He comes!

 Look! My glorious Redeemer! He’s riding His white horse with a sword in His hand. It’s The King of Glory Himself!














He comes right to me, leaving no distance between us. If I could move I would, but the ball-and-chain of the debt of my sin & shame so weigh me down that I’m paralysed as I sit before Him.

He’s not angry with me. His eyes are filled with love as they look on me!
He hates the dark forces that keep bidding for my attention & ultimately seeking to control me.
He speaks truth over the lies that once labelled me and reminds me of who I really am.  
“Lovable, son.. Acceptable.. valuable”
Showing His nail-pierced hands, feet & side, He outbids all at the slave market and sets me free!!
It’s with a whole new deeper appreciation I sing such songwords:

I know he rescued my soul .. His blood has covered my sins .. I believe, I believe
My shame he's taken away .. My pain is healed in his name .. I believe, I believe
My redeemer lives! my redeemer lives!! My redeemer lives!!!  my redeemer lives!!!!


I'm forgiven because You were forsaken .. I'm accepted, You were condemned .. I'm alive and well, Your Spirit is within me .. Because You died and rose again

Amazing love, how can it be .. That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love, I know it's true .. It's my joy to honor You .. In all I do,
To honor You

 
He became sin .. Who knew no sin .. That we might become His Righteousness .. He humbled himself and carried the cross

Love so amazing .. Love so amazing .. Jesus Messiah .. Name above all names .. Blessed Redeemer .. Emmanuel .. The rescue for sinners .. The ransom from Heaven .. Jesus Messiah .. Lord of all!

JESUS I WANNA RUN TO YOUR WINNING BID TODAY AND EVERYDAY!!
I dont wanna run back to my slave drivers!!

No comments: