Monday, February 06, 2012

pray for Alex [AUS]

.. i was wondering how much cash i should carry before going out. tempted to have minimal cash .. had this weird suspicion before going out today that maybe a person in need might approach me asking me for money .. this happens so often when I'm out in the city. do i have a sign on me i don't know about that says 'free money? ask me!"?? i was very tempted to carry no cash because i think I've been cheated too many times by people who make up some sob story & I'm so gullible as to believe them & help them with what i have.  

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.
Pro 3:28  Do not say to your neighbor, "Go, and come again, tomorrow I will give it"--when you have it with you.
- Proverbs 3:27-28
these verses have stuck with me since i first read them!
oh well, if i do get cheated, it's God's money anyway & he'll do justice :D
as i was about to go catch the bus home after meeting Richard, Alex approaches me asking for money so he can get home .. told him I'll go with him to buy him a ticket home .. he told me he was hungry so i paid for what he ordered @ maccas 
.. talked with him as he scoffed it down, .. thought it strange he works but had no money .. was he just taking advantage of me?! felt like running away from him .. 
.. but i was soo wanting to get around to some spiritual topic but just felt like my place at that time was to simply love on him & not ask too many questions.
after topping up his transport ticket he asked for another $5 [or what?!]  but by then i only had a $20 note .. didn't feel like giving him anymore:|  
left him with a $1,000,000 tract .. pray it does him eternal good!  & flowing on to others Papa puts around him!
.. looking back,  i regret not taking the time to go through the gospel with him .. or giving him a warm hug, or praying with him :[

No comments: