Wednesday, October 07, 2009

rejoice with me & pray for me~!!



An encouraging devotional:

. . . But I bring you good tidings of great joy, dear Christian friend! failure of Self is the very key to living the Christian life. As painful as it is, the bitter tears of failure provide the water for nurturing the Precious Seed that is planted in your heart of hearts and making it grow. To despair of ourselves is the very key that opens the door to all the power, the victory, and fruitfulness in Christ that we seek. "I KNOW that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing." I KNOW IT, Paul says. No good thing. I know that in me, in my flesh, in my Self, there is nothing. Apart from Him I am nothing. He is Everything. CHRIST IN ME is my only Hope.


In one part of me, my flesh, dwells no good thing. In the other part of me Christ lives.


Source: http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/no-good-thing.html

Lately, Father has been doing lots of His awesomely gracious work in me, through & because of my frequent failures!
So once again, I come humbly asking your prayers as we journey on toward HIM! :)


while it’s never an easy journey, but it is ever full of promise =)


if you have any questions / comments, please let me know!
just ask~! Don’t be shy~! my life's an open book ;)


- praise & prayer points from previous prayer mails mostly still apply, but for the sake of space I’ll leave them out ;)


:D rejoice with me! :D


:D He sees me as His beloved child, ALWAYS, because of Jesus!


:D His opinion of me (which is the only opinion that counts!) is “in Christ!” :D


:D because of Jesus, He forgives AND forgets ALL my sins!!! So there is NO record of them in heaven!


:D super-abundantly supplying for all my needs!


:D frequently humbling me so I despair in myself & trust in Christ alone!


:D healing me from my cold & using sickness to draw me closer to Himself!
(thanks for praying!!)


*PRAY*
-- prayer burdens He’s been giving me:


* he’d revolutionize every area of this life He’s given to me so anything of myself is thrown out & all that remains is of Him!


* I’d listen ONLY to Jesus and STOP listening to myself!


* i'd live by FAITH IN HIM! & STOP living in fear!!


(He showed me way too much of my life is lived in the realm of imagined failures & fear of it!)


* my fears of possible sin won’t keep me from doing what Father wants, but I’d resolve to obey Him anyway!


* i’d stand firmly on The Truth ((all that Jesus has done for me at the Cross!),unshaken by the lies of the enemy


* i’d see past my failure the way Jesus does. [my HUGEST struggle!]


* I’d deliberately be vulnerable so others might be saved! ... following the example of our Lord & Saviour!






~thanks~!! please tell me how i can best support you before His throne of Grace too!


if Father so leads you to be my regular prayer supporter, do check out this prayer blog every now & then :)


Looking forward to hearing from you how i can best support you in prayer & praises!!






Most awesome song “Before the Throne of God Above”


View / listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6BwPIgcAvA&feature=PlayList&p=A5DC76847AF3C91A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5

No comments: